Thursday, December 10, 2009

What color lipstick should I wear?

I'm a natural redhead with brown eyes, dark lashes and brows, pale skin (with yellow undertones), and freckles. My lips tend to get washed out/over powered by my light freckles when I wear lighter (pinkish) lip color. Dark reds and berry colors are too dark for my skin and wash me out in photos. I need to find a lip color for my wedding in two weeks. I will be wearing very light ivory if that helps. If you can recommend a color in a certain brand, that would be great. Most advice for make-up for redheads doesn't help me because I have dark eyes and some yellow in my skin, so I'd really appreciate some help.What color lipstick should I wear?
What charmed said is absolutely right. You're an autumn and should be wearing colors in the fall pallet. I would recommend a long-lasting lipstick, like MAC, Clinique, or Mary Kay. Look for colors with names like: Raisin, Cocoa, Cappuccino, Peach, Spice, Pumpkin, Bronze, etc. These are all yellow-undertoned warm colors that will bring out the richness of your dark eyes and complement your lovely red locks. I would actually steer clear of Coral, because this is an orangey-pink color; it's really meant for Spring pallets and would probably be too light for you. If you're concerned with your lip color being too dark, you can always mix colors and lighten it up with a golden frosty gloss. They also have lip colors that are sheer...kind of like a gloss, only not as shiny. You get the pigment without the saturation of a regular lipstick.





I would recommend going to a department store's make-up counter, telling them you'd like to see lip colors in the above shades (or whatever their colors are called). Try on different shades. And MIX colors! You will be surprised at the gorgeous colors you can custom create for your own lips. I personally use at least 3 different colors at once. It's a little more expensive that way, but OH SO worth it when you get the perfect color for your face.





By the way, just because you have pale skin doesn't mean you can't wear dark shades of lipstick. I have a friend with your exact coloring and she wore a rather fetching (dark) shade of raisin on her wedding day. She was stunning!





Good luck, and CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming nuptials!What color lipstick should I wear?
Thank you for the votes. : ) Report Abuse

Have you tried a coral color? They tend to look good on most everybody. I use Golden Brandy by Clinique. When I had some photos done, my makeup artist used a coral color and I liked it so much I found its match in Clinique.
Have you tried Coral? Revlon Colorstay lasts a long time








Stop reading my mind Bluegirl :)
You're wearing the wrong colors! With your brown eyes and the yellow tones in your skin, you're an Autumn and should be wearing more of the copper, neutral, and orange-toned reds. Not pink or berry, those are for reddish-skinned and light eyed redheads. In a wedding it's probably good to stick to the more natural colors in the Autumn tones.
You'll need Revlon Super Lusterous Lipstick in Fire%26amp;Ice.


It's got the golden tones like your skin.





You can also wear Maybelline's Super Stay in Strawberry


as a second choice.





With the Revlon one get the Super lusterous lipgloss in


coral glow, that'll b a great top coat 4 the lipstick.





For the eyes, just do one line of black eyeliner,


get CG's cafe` aue late eye shadow trio use the


middle shade from the lid to the brow bone,


then apply apply one coat of CG's fantastic lash


mascara in very black.





4 blush, get CG's natural shimmer(it has a natual undertone so not only will it blend w/ your skn it'll


blend with the cool tones too!)








That'll b your make-up look.


GL w/ it girl,


-Mrs.Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services