Saturday, November 28, 2009

How do I keep my red lipstick from flaking?

After a while, dark red spots appear on my lips like the lip gloss is peeling off or something. I put carmex on before the lipstick and also clear gloss over it. Could this be too much moisture? Does anyone else have this problem? The brand is covergirl double lip shine if that helps.How do I keep my red lipstick from flaking?
First off all, Covergirl makeup SUCKS, that is probably your biggest problem. I recommend that you go to your local Sephora (www.sephora.com to find one close to you) and by a nice red lipstick from a good makeup brand. MAC or Nars are two REALLY GOOD brands. Also, by MAC, get something called Lip Conditioner, but not the tinted one. Use that under your new lipstick and it will be flawless all day.How do I keep my red lipstick from flaking?
pretty much along the lines of what Melissa said. if you put any kind of lip balm on beforehand and then alternate between red lipstick and a loose transluscent powder a few times (ending with the red on top and then a clear, or even red gloss), it should hold up.


you could try a red lip stain too, which might not have as strong of an impact but would definitely last longer.
step 1. Apply lip liner to entire lip


2 lightly dust powder over lips


3apply red lipstick with a lip brush.


4dust a small amount of powder over lipstick.


5.add a small amount of clear gloss with your lip brush.





this will stop flaking.
Buy an expensive one that's worth the money. Try Sephora, look at the top sellers. :]
don't let it get wet

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services