Monday, June 21, 2010

How do I choose a lipstick that compliments my complexion?

I am having a very difficult time finding makeup that looks well on my skin. The lipsticks that look nice on those that share my skin tone looks like clown makeup on me. I need help!!!How do I choose a lipstick that compliments my complexion?
You could be applying it wrong and that is why it looks better on others with the same skin tone. Try using a lipliner instead. You are able to blend it to make your lips look more natural (which is key).


Line your lips with a color you like. You can go over it more times and line them darker for a more dramatic effect or for daytime go light.


After you line your lips then smudge the liner towards the mouth like if you were shading a picture. Use more on the top lip than the bottom. It usually is darker if you don't have makeup on at all. Just keep it simple. Hard lines just don't look natural so try this and see what you think.How do I choose a lipstick that compliments my complexion?
The best place to test lipstick color is on is the pad of your fingers instead of the back of your hand or even your lips. After trying on the first color on you lips some of the pigment will stay on your lips and effect the other colors. The pads of your fingers are the closest to your natural lip color and it gives you 10 fresh areas to test color. Once you apply the lipstick to your fingertips, hold your finger up to your lips (color side out) to find the best color for your complexion.
I like violets answer.....


I usually wind the colour out fully,


lie it away from my lips, yet going in the same direction as my lips, and checking out the colours quickly, that way first. You may be better off having a Mary Kay class in your home, where you will be able to recieve the guidance you might need, and enjoy playing with all the colours there as much as you want, and so choose something that is really YOU!
Your teeth will look yellow if the color doesn't work. Your teeth will look white if the color works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services