Monday, June 21, 2010

What shade of red lipstick is right for me?

I have a fair-light complexion with yellow undertones. I know that all berry or ';cool'; shades of red are out, but even orange-red shades seem wrong on me. Besides telling me to go to a makeup counter, what do you suggest? Do you have a shade that works for you?What shade of red lipstick is right for me?
The one shade that you can never go wrong with is ';True Primary Red';. This shade flatters all skintones (it's not bluish, but its not orangey either) and can be found in pretty much all department store brands. An inexpensive one you can try out is Almay Ideal Lipcolor Lipstick in Red $7. This stuff goes on sheer at first, but can be layered for a much more fuller and complete coverage if you would like.





However, if you really want to make the most out of your complexion, try lipstick with warm hues and richness. Because you have yellow undertones in your skin, you should look for lipsticks in ';tomato reds'; or ';golden reds'; - not only will these colors flatter your skintone, but it will also work well with the fairness of your complexion. A couple good ones to check out is MAC Lipstick in ';Lady Dangerous'; and Covergirl TruShine Lipstick in ';Fire Engine';.


(** Orange reds also look good on yellow-tone skin, however, they should only be worn by people with olive or tanned complexions, which is why you found that it did not work well with your porcelain fair complexion**)What shade of red lipstick is right for me?
This is one of those problems that changes with each season!





I suggest you get some small, inexpensive shades of red from your local drug store, and try them out.





I can understand how the orange red shades could be overbearing but on of the cooler shades just might balance your skin tone and the rest of your make up!
I use Diva Matte Lipstick by Mac. It has a brown undertone so it doesn't make me look yellow or orange. I have used it for years , hope you like it.
Perhaps a pinkish red will work better for you. Try a neutral red also.


I have many that work for me, sometimes I have to mix and match lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services