Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is it possible to suddenly be allergic to lipstick?

Not just lipstick but lipgloss, too. The only thing I can put on my lips is Blistex LipFusion or Carmex. Since I had my last son, everytime I put on lipstick or lipgloss, my lips start hurting and they puff up and get red. Afterwards, they dry up and I can't do without Carmex for about three days. I've switched all my lipgloss and lipsticks twice since this started happening, bought brand new... I don't know what else to do. What is causing this?Is it possible to suddenly be allergic to lipstick?
Honestly, it's very possible to suddenly be allergic. You can develop an allergy to something at any point in your life.


They do make hypoallergenic makeup. I believe Almay is supposed to be good for that, I'm not 100% sure. If I were you, I'd talk to your doctor and see if he or she can test for sure to know if you're allergic.


Good luck!Is it possible to suddenly be allergic to lipstick?
Yes allergies can strike you at any time in life especially after having a kid.





You should go to one of the make-up places and get someone trained in this sort of stuff to find you a natural brand which you can use.





I'm not sure what would be causing it because there's so many ingredients in these things.
Yes it is possible and probable. I would go with something like Burt's Bees for your lip balms and go with Bee Luscious for your Lipsticks and glosses these have no lead or anything else to cause you to have a reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services